If you have any questions about the collection or use of your information through any websites operated by Whyte & Mackay, you can contact Whyte & Mackay by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the above address, for the attention of the Legal Department.
Whyte & Mackay is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any and all information provided will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Whyte & Mackay may update this policy from time to time, following company or legal requirements. Any changes will be communicated through this page.
What personal information is collected:
We collect and process the following information which you have chosen to provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in registration forms on our site. This includes information provided where you have subscribed to our newsletter service or where you have requested further services from us.
- Your age / date of birth which we collect to verify that you are of legal purchase age to visit our sites.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites, and information provided by you (e.g. your name, telephone number, e-mail and postal addresses) to ensure the fulfilment of any orders which you place with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- IP addresses – when you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. This is statistical data and does not identify you as an individual.
We will only use the personal information we collect: for our legitimate business interests, including to improve your consumer experience of our products and services; to provide you with specific information and services that you request; and with additional information and services that may be of interest to you
How personal information is collected
Personal identifiable information is only collected through the actions explained above. You can check the information that we hold about you by visiting your account or contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies or no longer wish this information to be held we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We will not transfer or sell your information. If you have any questions/comments about privacy or wish to request what data is currently held, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you believe your information is being processed or held incorrectly you can complain to us and/or to the data protection regulator – the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘ICO’). To contact the ICO you can follow this link:https://ico.org.uk/.
Use of personal information
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content of our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the website(s), when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our products and services; and,
- To process and fulfil online purchases made by you.
We also use personal information to further understand the buying behaviour of our registered users, and to continually improve our customers purchasing experience. We may also use some information to perform marketing and promotional activities focused on our products and services.
By consenting to submit information to Whyte and Mackay you agree to the collection and use of this information by Whyte and Mackay and our service provider, when applicable. This consent will be taken as lasting for a period of two years. If there has been no positive response for two years post-consent, we will contact you to ensure the consent is still valid. If we receive no response we will consider the consent to be withdrawn and we will remove any personal information currently held. If you no longer wish to receive information about our products or services you can remove your consent by clicking the unsubscribe link at any time, which exists at the bottom of all marketing emails sent by Whyte and Mackay.
We have designed our site to protect the information we collect online from unauthorised access. We safeguard your private information by implementing the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedure necessary to protect your privacy. To further protect your security, we also take the reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal profile or making data changes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and have security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information.
Improving our service
Whyte and Mackay does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. To better tailor our services to our customers' needs, we use non-identifying and aggregate information to help us make decisions on how to improve our portfolio of websites. We may also share this generic and unidentifiable information with our advertisers and other parties with whom we have a contractual relationship. For example, we may tell advertisers which areas of the site have received the most customer traffic overall or how many anonymised customer types have visited certain pages. All parties involved in this process will be subject to GDPR regulations and Whyte & Mackay will take reasonable measures to ensure they are GDPR compliant. We do not disclose identifying information of individual customers with advertisers or share the personally identifiable information submitted to us by any other means without explicit consent to do so.
Whyte and Mackay may from time to time share anonymised information with third party analytical resources for the purposes of better understanding customer behaviour and performance, website performance, improved ad relevance and any other analytical process to give Whyte and Mackay a better understanding of how to develop its offering to its customers. For example, through Google Analytics.
Any third parties employed for the purpose of the aforementioned analytical purposes, are contractually obliged to use the data only for the analytical purposes set out in the agreement between Whyte and Mackay and the third party. Whyte and Mackay will ensure that the third party is contractually required to maintain a level of security around the shared data, at least as safe as Whyte and Mackay itself employs. Failure on the part of the third party to meet its contractual obligations will result in Whyte and Mackay recovering the data, and taking all reasonable actions to ensure the third party no longer has access to the shared data. Any third party cookies used on Whyte and Mackay’s systems will adhere to the same standards as first party cookies and not collect any personally identifiable information.
The above privacy statement has been created for use within the United Kingdom and Europe. Other territories may be subject to different legislation which this policy may not coincide with.